Why Men Should Never Have The Right To Dresscode Women

Norah Little

Why do men think they have the right to stare, comment, judge, and humiliate females? Not only does staring even make the women feel insecure about their bodies instead of things they should be focusing on. So keep this in mind when you hear the new Adams 12 dress code rules. “Students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) are primarily responsible for determining the student’s personal appearance (clothing, hairstyle, jewelry, headgear, book bags, etc.). ” So why is that  for over the past two months girls are being dress-coded left and right? This has never happened  as much before. After interviewing many women around the school they say they feel ”uncomfortable” “ disgusted”  and even “ashamed” of themselves.  Why Should students that attend Horizon High School feel this way? And why does it feel like the dress code is being only targeted towards girls and not the boy’s start and end Horizon High School? During the first week of school counselors and Dean all talk to us about certain activities going around the school, ways to get a good start in school, and even the dress code. In my personal experience, one of the Deans came in and started talking about the 3 B’s ( boobs, back, belly). In front of the whole class the boys just sat back. I am practically told that they don’t have a dress code.  Why is it fair for the girls to be humiliated if the boy continues on with their education?  I’ve been stopped two times at the beginning of the year, once because my long-sleeve shirt grew and a male saw my stomach.  Now how is it fair that men get to stop girls in the hall and make them skip class just so they could put a shirt on them? How is it fair that I was targeted on my way to my fourth hour and taken to the office because my shirt rose up? The new dress code later on goes on to say that “Schools are responsible for ensuring that a student’s personal appearance does not interfere with the health or safety of any student and does not cause disruption to the education process.” In this case, scroll should only be dress coded if they can’t focus and their outfit or if it offends the people around them.  So why is it that girls are being dress-coded day after day?  Because it seems to me and half of the student body that the only people that were distracting are the male Deans. Now it seems like different districts are taking action and making it so only females can dress code females and males can dress code males.  This would make school days for the students more welcoming and less sexist.  You could be asking who is the head of Adams 12 school district who is the person making the school’s dress code. Christopher E. Gdowski Is the superintendent of Adams 12 school district. So if you as a reader have any complaints for Adams 12 that you feel have to be heard please feel free to express your opinions. Speak up before all of our rights are taken away and take action.