The Student News Site of Horizon High School

The Profile

The Profile

The Profile

Polls

What's the best part of Springtime?

• Flowers blooming (29%, 10 Votes)
  • Warmer weather (26%, 9 Votes)
  • Rain instead of snow (17%, 6 Votes)
  • Closer to summer (11%, 4 Votes)
  • Longer days (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Eating ice cream without getting cold (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Easter brunch (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 35

Loading ... Loading ...

2024 Cheyenne Frontier Days

cfdrodeo.com
cfdrodeo.com

July 19-28 are the annual Cheyenne Frontier Days. Cheyenne Frontier Days is the annual Western Rodeo that celebrates the cowboys competing in the sport. This event is known as the largest outdoor rodeo. Which draws top professionals who can compete for more than 1 millions dollars in cash and prizes. 

Fun Fact:

“The Daddy of ‘em All has been kicking the dust since 1897 with the world’s largest outdoor rodeo and Western Celebration. The first Frontier Days was held as a cowboy roundup that featured bronco busting and steer-roping contests as well as pony races.” -Liberty of Congress

Cheyenne Frontier Days is known for the rodeo that is billed as the largest such event in the world. They have many events like PBR Last Cowboy Standing, PRCA ProRodeo, Carnival Midway, and Chuckwagon Experience. They also have many different singer/songwriters come out and perform.

Including Country and Modern Pop

• Jelly Roll
  • Ludacris
  • Jason Aldean
  • Thomas Rhett
  • Chase Matthew
  • The Red Clay Strays 
  • Machine Gun Kelly
  • T-Pain
  • Warren Zeiders
  • Turnpike Troubadours
  • Flatland Cavalry 
  • Lainey Wilson

There are many great things about Cheyenne Frontier Days as well as plenty of amazing reviews from visitors!

• “Ever since I was a kid, my favorite Cheyenne Frontier Days tradition has been the carnival food. My dad would loosen up a little on his health rules for one day, and we would get to choose anything we wanted. Now my boys and I do the same thing together…”

DAD AND RODEO FAN

Cheyenne, Wyoming

• “We moved here seven or eight months ago from California, so this is our first time at Cheyenne Frontier Days. It’s nice! My husband is excited about the rodeo. The girls love the carnival. The little one is an inch too short for everything so we try to entertain her, and she has cotton candy.”

CFD VISITORS

Cheyenne, Wyoming

Just 111 days, you can finally attend what everyone looks forward to! Head over to cfdrodeo.com to purchase your tickets.  Hopefully I will see you there.