The Student News Site of Horizon High School

The Profile

The Profile

The Profile

Polls

What's the best part of Springtime?

• Flowers blooming (29%, 10 Votes)
  • Warmer weather (26%, 9 Votes)
  • Rain instead of snow (17%, 6 Votes)
  • Closer to summer (11%, 4 Votes)
  • Longer days (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Eating ice cream without getting cold (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Easter brunch (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 35

Loading ... Loading ...

Club or High School Sports?

Link for Photo
Link for Photo

Club or High School?

By Stephanie Smith 

Do you participate in high school sports or club sports? I participate in both and here could be many different reasons why you may choose one over the other. From my own personal experience and opinion, I love high school sports, but I do prefer club over highschool sports. For both, sports becomes a very big commitment, as you are committing yourself to going to practice all the time and limiting your free time. 

Although high school gives many academic opportunities, such as being able to get committed to colleges, you’re also getting to experience representing your school through your sports. High School volleyball is very fun for the experience of getting to meet new people and become known around your school, which is always a plus. However, people can also find high school season to be physically and mentally draining, with having practice every day after school. Stressing over homework that is stacking up, studying for tests, and trying to complete missing assignments becomes a lot to take on, but you always figure out how to work through it.

But overall, I know I am not the only one who gets super excited when the season ends, because we all know, when highschool ends… club is just right around the corner. You will always remember the club, one thing I will also cherish is the bonds that can be created with girls on my team. Those bonds that are created are never broken – you will rely on those girls for the continuing years of you playing volleyball.