The Student News Site of Horizon High School

The Profile

The Profile

The Profile

Polls

What's the best part of Springtime?

• Flowers blooming (29%, 10 Votes)
  • Warmer weather (26%, 9 Votes)
  • Rain instead of snow (17%, 6 Votes)
  • Closer to summer (11%, 4 Votes)
  • Longer days (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Eating ice cream without getting cold (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Easter brunch (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 35

Loading ... Loading ...

Collage Application Season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College

It’s that stressful time of the year when college application season is upon us. Students have begun applying to colleges and universities as they are taking the first steps toward what they will do after high school. The influx of emails, meetings, and workload of applications have taken a toll on many senior students around the school, including myself. Having to juggle the school workload, athletics, work, and social lives on top of putting out quality applications can be extremely stressful. When Colorado Free Application Days were offered in October, students were able to take advantage of and apply to Colorado colleges for free! 

Personally, I have applied to many different colleges, such as the University of Colorado Boulder, Denver University, Duke University, UCLA, Northwestern University, and many more in-state schools. I am pursuing a degree in Journalism, to start a career in Sports Reporting. Ideally, I would love to go to Northwestern, as they have an amazing Journalism Program in the Medill School of Journalism, Media, and Integrated Marketing Communications. This would help develop a good skill set for a sports journalism career, as the industry is extremely competitive. 

It is extremely stressful, although it is all worth it in the end, as I will be furthering my education at an excellent school. Some ways that I am dealing with the stress of applying for colleges, scholarships, and school work is to really focus on time management and using any time I have to complete a task. It is also important to think of reasonable ways to complete something, like when applying to multiple colleges, the Common App is an excellent resource that makes it easier when applying to multiple schools. Advice I would like to leave rising seniors with is focusing on your future and not getting distracted by non-permanent situations, and keep working towards your goals and dreams, even if it gets difficult at times.