The Student News Site of Horizon High School

The Profile

The Profile

The Profile

Polls

What's the best part of Springtime?

• Flowers blooming (29%, 10 Votes)
  • Warmer weather (26%, 9 Votes)
  • Rain instead of snow (17%, 6 Votes)
  • Closer to summer (11%, 4 Votes)
  • Longer days (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Eating ice cream without getting cold (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Easter brunch (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 35

Loading ... Loading ...

The Real Mental Side of Sports

The Real Mental Side of Sports

Sports are all about the mental side. Not just how good you are, but also, playing a sport depends on how well you can play the sport and understand the concept of it. But coming from an athlete myself, it’s all the mental game.

I play Volleyball and it is very much a mental sport. Sometimes you feel if you shank a ball or miss a hit, you’re letting everyone down, but that’s not the case whatsoever. It normal, everyone is going to make a mistake, even the best players out there. Sports are entirely a mental game, and as long as you have a good mindset,  you can do anything. Everything is possible when you have the right mental game. 

Don’t worry if you make a mistake- shake it off and notice what may have gone wrong, and then make a perfect play the next play. Don’t think that your teammates are going to be upset at you, they make mistakes too. No one is ever going to be perfect at the game.

A good thing to do is have a mental reset – doing something that can help you reset and forget everything. I like to wipe my shoes off and shake my hands to reset. It’s a good thing to have because it can help erase everything from your mind and make you focus on the game.

Be the best player you can possibly be.