The Student News Site of Horizon High School

The Profile

The Profile

The Profile

Polls

What's the best part of Springtime?

• Flowers blooming (29%, 10 Votes)
  • Warmer weather (26%, 9 Votes)
  • Rain instead of snow (17%, 6 Votes)
  • Closer to summer (11%, 4 Votes)
  • Longer days (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Eating ice cream without getting cold (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Easter brunch (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 35

Loading ... Loading ...

2 More Years Until 2026

Although 2024 has just started, 2026 is going to come flying around the corner before you know it. It’s finally hitting me that in 2 years, I will be starting a new chapter in my life and heading off to college. That’s 24 months, 104 weeks, 730 days, 1,051,200 minutes, and 63,072,000 seconds. It’s going to come in a blink of an eye, and I’m going to take advantage of that. 

I’m only a sophomore but I have already started looking into colleges as I want to play volleyball in college. Majoring in Human Anatomy which will help me lead up in the medical field so I can further my career in pediatrics.

Some people may not care or even think about graduation during their sophomore year. That’s not the case for me, I started to think about graduation as soon as this year had started. People may think I am a little crazy for already thinking about it, but it’s a huge step into the outside world. I’m honestly really excited about going to college, meeting new people and being in a new environment, and learning new things. I really want to go out of state for college, yes it can be expensive, but for what I want to do, it will help me, more than anything.

These next 2 years I am going to focus a lot on myself, sports, and most importantly school. Let my heart take me where I want to go, and not let people try to change my mind. 

These next 2 years are my years.