The Student News Site of Horizon High School

The Profile

The Profile

The Profile

Polls

What's the best part of Springtime?

• Flowers blooming (29%, 10 Votes)
  • Warmer weather (26%, 9 Votes)
  • Rain instead of snow (17%, 6 Votes)
  • Closer to summer (11%, 4 Votes)
  • Longer days (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Eating ice cream without getting cold (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Easter brunch (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 35

Loading ... Loading ...

High School Volleyball Starting Again

Taken by: Andrew Hinde
Taken by: Andrew Hinde

The 2024-2025 high school volleyball season is just around the corner. As pre-season is starting, our players are getting back into the gym  and putting hard work and dedication in. 

This season, Horizon’s Volleyball Program is dedicated to making a strong and successful season as we want to represent our school. 

Starting May 1st, incoming freshmen are now able to come into our school and get a look at what exactly what Horizon volleyball is, whether it comes to how we play or how we come together as a program.  Throughout the whole off-season, we are able to go into the gym during the morning to get some extra reps in before tryouts come along by August. We take volleyball seriously as we want to make it to Regionals and the State Championships. Our program usually has around 70-80 people tryout,  but it’s said this year that the number is just going to get larger. 

This year we are dedicated to becoming one team as a whole, we want to grow and reach outside of our comfort zone. Showing what this program is capable of, as we can do many difficult things. We are so ready for the 2024-2025 season to be just right around the corner, excited for the new incoming freshman showing that they want to try out for this program and most importantly our community. 

The community here at Horizon is what helps us grow, coming to games and packing the bleachers to cheer on your players on the court showing them that they are able to win that game. Telling everyone when games are to get the news out, making sure everyone dresses to the theme. 

Help us out this next season to make sure we grow and become more successful than ever.