The Student News Site of Horizon High School

The Profile

The Profile

The Profile

Polls

What's the best part of Springtime?

• Flowers blooming (29%, 10 Votes)
  • Warmer weather (26%, 9 Votes)
  • Rain instead of snow (17%, 6 Votes)
  • Closer to summer (11%, 4 Votes)
  • Longer days (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Eating ice cream without getting cold (9%, 3 Votes)
  • Easter brunch (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 35

Loading ... Loading ...

She Is…

She Is...

On Friday, January 26th, Flatirons Community Church hosted their first ever women’s conference. The She Is Women’s Conference was an opportunity for women across the Denver Metro area to attend and hear worships, teachings, and engage in an environment with other women who are on their walk with God. This event attracted 4500 women in person, and many more watching online. The event also offered fun activities, food, and beautiful merchandise for those that attended. Flatirons had two speakers giving lessons and left many inspired. Bianca Olthoff and Christine Caine gave amazing speeches consisting of valuable information that helped many women.

Bianca focused on teaching women how to know their value in the eyes of the Lord, and focused on how to apply teachings from the Bible into our modern day lives. She gave examples with relationships, and her own personal situations, a

nd was overall really engaging, entertaining, and inspirational. Whereas Christine Caine focused more on teachings in the Bible, digging into the story about Lot’s wife, from Genesis 19:1-38. She summarized and explained that we can no

t fixate on the past in orde

r to come into what God has for us. Caine gave an inspiring speech describing to not give up on whatever is happening in your life, and to imagine the end goal. These women were outstanding, and definitely left a mark in many women’s hearts.

Flatirons’ Community Church is an amazing community of people, and by hosting events like this, it gives the oppor-

tunity for all people to build a better relationship with God. I am thankful for having attended this event, and looking forward to more conferences in the future!