Bringing All the Chicken Lovers to Down From the Hype

All the talk about Raising Cane’s is unnecessary

Vivian Hua, Copy Editor

For some, chicken fingers wouldn’t be their cup of tea. However, the hype surrounding Raising Cane’s has definitely brought many to try the fast-food restaurant and their signature menu item: chicken fingers.

During the week of Raising Cane’s grand opening in Broomfield on November 27, 2018, the restaurant was filled with excitement. Consumers flooded every available space inside of the building, with their cars lining up outside, causing an endless spiral of traffic.

The food itself, although considered appetizing by some, definitely doesn’t live up to the expectation that it’s been given.

“It’s yummy, but there’s a lot of hype to it and I didn’t really think it deserved the hype,” Quinn Farnell, freshman at University of Colorado Boulder, comments.

With so many people dying to try these infamous chicken fingers, you would expect them to be mouth watering, finger-licking good, and making you ask for seconds. However, their menu has left customers partially satisfied and wanting to come back only once in awhile.

“The chicken is dope and, for fast food, it’s pretty good. I would go there again, just not often because they don’t have a lot of variety,” Farnell adds.

Not to mention, the price for items on the menu does not match their value. Like most fast food, you would expect their prices to be set at a reasonable price but, contrary to belief, many items cost extra.

While asking for honey mustard, Farnell was told that he had to pay an extra $0.40. When the only food item that Raising Cane’s offers is chicken fingers, you would expect the dipping sauce to be free of charge. However, it seems like the fast-food restaurant is willing to charge consumers extra for as many things as possible. Even the lemonade they offer costs more than regular soda, tea, or water, and is only available after asking the employees.

Although there are over 410 Raising Cane’s locations throughout 25 states in the US, they should definitely focus on improving the cost of their items and having a wider range of menu items.

Even though Raising Cane’s has made everyone rush to their doors, beware that some expectations may not be lived up to.